- This event has passed.
Mercedes-Benz Stadium 5K/Walk Like MADD
November 9 @ 7:30 am - 5:00 pm
Details about 2019 Mercedes-Benz Stadium 5K/Walk Like MADD (register online at www.atlantatrackclub.org):
- DATE & TIME: November 9, 7:30 a.m.
- LOCATION: Mercedes-Benz Stadium, 1 AMB Dr. Atlanta 30313
- 5K (8 & older)
- Mile (6 & Older/open to adults)
- Dash (6 & younger)
- Commemorative Mizuno Shirt
- Commemorative Medal
- 5K: $30 through 11/6/19; $40 at number pickup and on race day
- One Mile: $15 through 11/6/19; $20 at number pickup and on race day
- Dash: $10 through 11/6/19: $15 at number pickup and on race day
$51 REGISTRATION CUT-OFF DATE: November 6, 11:59 p.m.
- The mission of Mothers Against Drunk Driving (MADD) is to end drunk driving, help fight drugged driving, support the victims of these violent crimes, and prevent underage drinking.
- MADD was founded in 1980. Since our founding, drunk driving deaths have been cut by 53%; 340,000 lives have been saved and more than 840,000 victims have been served.
- Drunk driving is still the #1 cause of death on our roadways
- That means 10,876 deaths a year, 30 deaths every day and one death every 48 minutes (2017 National Highway Safety statistics)
- MADD envisions of future of No More Victims®
- MADD doesn’t discourage drinking; rather we aim to discourage the 100% preventable crime of drunk driving
- How the public can help: Volunteer, Take action, Get Local, Raise Funds
HERE AT MADD GEORGIA:
- One of MADD’s oldest chapters, we were established in 1984.
- We’re a staff of eight dedicated professionals and we have a tremendous volunteer board
- Almost 4000 people have attended our victim impact panels (VIPs) this year. Our VIPs are an opportunity for someone who may have a drunk driving arrest or other traffic incident to hear directly from a family impacted by drunk driving. Many of these families have chronic disabilities or have lost a loved one to drunk driving.
- Our victim advocates have worked 127 victim family cases statewide since the beginning of the year.